The following are record series regarding programs, courses, curriculum, and syllabi that have been approved for University use.
Note: The University Retention Schedule is currently being revised. Please contact University Records Management if you have any questions regarding the retention of University Records.
- Description: Publication (printed within the University catalog) governing graduate and undergraduate students
- Retention: University Senate copy: Permanent
Department copy: 0 after no longer needed
- Description: Lists of students enrolled in academic courses
- Retention: Current academic year plus 1 year
- Description: Information on individual courses taught, including but not limited to course descriptions, syllabi, reading lists, handouts, and assignments
- Retention: Current academic year plus 7 years
- Citation: New York Civil Practice Law and Rules § 213
- Note: Academic departments may want to designate selected course descriptions/syllabi as historically significant and send the records to Archives for permanent retention if the course is cutting edge, employs new teaching methodology, or reflects a change in the department's development
- Description: Records and reports relating to the development of or change to academic course
- Retention: 0 after no longer needed
- Description: Records and reports relating to the development of or change to academic program including letter and materials submitted to NYS Education Department for registration
- Retention: Permanent