University Records Management is principally concerned with five aspects of records and information management.
- Determining how long records need to be kept to satisfy all requirements to which the records are subject.
- Ensuring compliance with recordkeeping laws and regulations
- Managing inactive records in the University Records Center
- Organizing active records for retrieval when needed
- Protecting recorded information that supports vital business operations
University Records Management is available to help you identify, inventory, and manage records; work with the University Retention Schedule; develop file plans and file-naming conventions for shared drives; and manage inactive records in the University Records Center.