- International Congress of University Adult Education (ICUAE) Records
- Laubach Literacy International Records
- National University Continuing Education Association (NUCEA) Records
- John Niemi Papers
Audio and Visual Materials
Many of the adult education collections include audio and video material. In particular, see:
- Adult Education Audio and Video Collection contains 21 linear feet of audio and video recordings, including interviews, colloquiums, presentations, lectures, speeches, broadcasts, and more.
- The Joseph W. Jacques Tape Recordings contain audio interviews with notable adult educators. (Some of these have been digitized.)
- The Continuing Education Photograph Collection contains photographs and slides relating to a number of adult education organizations as well as notable adult educators.
Rare Books and Printed Materials
The library has complete or nearly complete runs of more than 50 adult education journals, including Adult Education Quarterly, Adult Education Journal, Convergence/Convergencia, International Journal of Lifelong Education, Journal of Cooperative Extension, New Directions for Continuing Education, Novičke, Scottish Adult Education, and Studies in Adult Education. In addition, we have more than 1,500 books and monographs on adult education and related subjects, both current and historical, some dating back as far as 1816.
Useful search terms to locate these items in the catalog include "adult education," "continuing education," "educators of adults," "non-formal education," "adult basic education," and "university extension."
When searching the catalog, set a search limit to "Special Collections" to find materials located in the SCRC.
Search the Classic Catalog.
Reference Assistance: Ask a question