The Archives is dedicated to preserving records that document the history, organization, policies, activities, and people of the University, and making those records available to researchers.
- Papers of Chancellors and Board of Trustees
- Records of schools, colleges, and departments
- Papers of more than 250 faculty, staff, and alumni
- More than 750,000 visual images
- More than 5,000 films and videotapes
- Nearly 24,500 theses and dissertations
- Newspaper clippings
Materials in the Archives are available to all members of the Syracuse University community and to the public, except for certain collections that are restricted in whole or in part. This includes both University administrative data and faculty and staff collections.
Buildings of SU
Photographs and information on the University's architectural heritage dating back to our first rented classroom space in 1871.
History of SU
Historical information of general interest, including Commencement speakers, a history of the buildings on campus, and our lineage of Chancellors.
Pan Am Flight 103 / Lockerbie Air Disaster Archives
Dedicated to the 270 men, women and children whose lives were lost in the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland on December 21, 1988.