Resources to Help You
Our buildings are closed until further notice, but our online services continue.
- The Libraries has automatically renewed all items until September 4, 2020. You will not receive a fine, block or hold for overdue books or Interlibrary Loan items due before this time.
- Books, including ILL items, may be returned at the book drop box outside of Bird Library or Carnegie Library; or you can bring them back when you return to campus.
- If you have library items checked out but do not plan to return to Syracuse in the fall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interlibrary Loan requests for books or physical items cannot be processed at this time since libraries across the country are currently closed, but we are still filling requests for digital articles.
We remain absolutely committed to supporting students, faculty and staff as they transition to online learning and teaching, and undertake the research mission of the University. Libraries’ staff are working remotely and following the University’s protocol around Coronavirus.
- Millions of items are available in our online collections. You can search through Summon.
- For direct links to our online curated databases, visit:
- Additional temporary access to several licensed e-resources that are not in Summon are listed on our Free or Expanded Online Resources Guide.
- Should you experience an issue with online resources, please complete the form at Report an Electronic Resource Issue.
- Liaison Librarians can support faculty online teaching by connecting them to relevant online resources and content.
- Faculty may request new online collection materials through their liaison librarian or via email at email@example.com.
- If you have any questions relating to the collections and services for Special Collections Research Center (including the University Archives and Belfer Audio Archive) contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUNY-ESF Students and Faculty
- Due to licensing restrictions, SU Libraries cannot provide remote access to ESF students and faculty. However, SUNY-ESF students have full access to Moon Library’s e-resources.
To Email for Specific Requests:
- Checkout and Circulation: email@example.com
- Collection requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright: email@example.com
- Help, Information, or Reference Assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reserves: email@example.com
- Special Collections Research Center: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SURFACE Institutional Repository: email@example.com
- University Records Management: firstname.lastname@example.org