Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2018-2019
An annual report does not tell the whole story. It provides a snapshot in time. It’s an opportunity to share data and provide a numerical perspective. It provides a benchmark, relative to historical information for an organization or compared to other similar type academic research libraries.
Connection Magazine Fall 2019
As we begin the 2019/2020 academic year, I’m astounded that I recently passed my fourth anniversary as Dean and University Librarian at Syracuse University Libraries. Although the time has gone quickly, the degree of change that we’ve experienced has been immense. Syracuse University Libraries continues to evolve as the central hub for student success, innovation, and community.
Syracuse University Libraries Strategic Plan 2018–2022
One University needs at its center One Library as a potent force in the growth of teaching and research excellence across the institution; as a central hub for exhibits, programs, and expertise; as a repository for knowledge and cultural heritage; and as a showcase for our University’s academic and creative endeavors.
The Connection Newsletter
The Connection provides the University community with information about library collections, services, staff, and activities.
Welcome to SU Libraries Brochure
150 Years of Tradition at Syracuse University
At the February 1870 Methodist State Convention in Syracuse, a resolution was passed to found a university. Measures were taken to raise $500,000 to endow it, with the city of Syracuse subscribing $100,000. Reverend Jesse T. Peck, who would be elected president of the Syracuse University Board of Trustees, suggested purchasing fifty acres of farmland in southeast Syracuse. The Board of Trustees of Syracuse University signed the University charter and certificate of incorporation on March 24, 1870.
Special Collections Research Center
- 150 Years of Tradition at Syracuse University Exhibition[PDF]
- The Courant: The Special Collections Research Center newsletter
- Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2018-2019 [PDF]
- Syracuse University Libraries Strategic Directions 2016–2021[PDF]
- Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2016-2017 [PDF]
- Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2015-2016 [PDF]
- Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2014-2015 [PDF]
- Syracuse University Libraries Annual Report, 2013-2014 [PDF]
- Syracuse University Library External Review Report, 11/16/2012 [PDF]
- Highlights of the Library Review [PDF]
- Sound Beat: A trip through the history of recorded sound
- SURFACE: The Syracuse University Research Facility and Collaborative Environment
- "Peaks of Joy, Valleys of Despair: The History of the Syracuse University Library from 1871 to 1907" by David Stam, former University Librarian
- "Planning and Funding of the E. S. Bird Library" by John Robert Greene and Karrie Anne Baron
- "Syracuse University Library and NYLINK: A Thirty-Year Connection" by Roberta Gwilt, Associate University Librarian for Academic Resources