Using EZproxy Access to Electronic Resources
How to connect with EZproxy
Note: EZproxy use is required when working off campus, even when connected to the SU VPN. The only exception is if you are connecting to resources using your on campus computer through a tool like Remote Desktop.
- For SU faculty, students and staff only.
- Visit http://library.syr.edu and navigate the website as usual.
- When you select a licensed resource (e.g., database, e-journal, e-book, etc.), you may be prompted to authenticate as a currently enrolled student, faculty, or staff member. EZproxy automatically determines whether login information is necessary.
- If prompted, please enter:
- Enter your NetID and Password. Syracuse University affiliated users can obtain a NetID online at http://its.syr.edu/netid. For users who are affiliated with the Libraries and cannot obtain a NetID enter your 10 digit SU I.D. number (without spaces) as the NetID and enter your last name (all lowercase) as the password.
- Please note:
If you are a Jr., Sr., II, III, IV, etc. or have a hyphenated last name and you are having trouble authenticating, please click on "Access Help Request" on the left side of your screen or call the Bird Library Circulation Desk at 315-443-5727 to verify how your last name appears in our database.
- Once authenticated, you will be automatically transferred to the resource you selected.