The Syracuse University Libraries have about 8,000 items in video format (videocassettes, DVDs and videodiscs) and 3,000 16mm films that cover all subject areas.
The primary purpose of this collection is for use by Syracuse University faculty in classroom, face-to-face teaching, and in-library viewing by students and other members of the campus community to support their curricular and research needs.
Locating Media Materials
- This collection is located in Video and Music Collections by request at the 3rd Floor Check In/Out and Help Desk in Bird Library.
- All items in the general collection are listed in the Classic Catalog, the library online catalog.
Booking Media Materials
- Faculty may book items by contacting the Video and Music Collections at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-443-4176.
- Faculty may book items for classroom use up to four months in advance for pick up on the day before use.
- Faculty are encouraged to book as early as possible to insure that the items are available on the day they are needed for class.