Lydia W. Wasylenko
Librarian for Citizenship and Humanities
Research and Scholarship
Subject Areas Classical Languages and Literature
, German Language and Literature
, Judaic Studies
, Russian Language and Literature
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. (Graduated with program honors; elected to Beta Gamma Sigma, National Scholastic Honor Society in Business and Administration.)
- Master of Library Science (MLS) from Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY. (Elected to Beta Phi Mu, International Library Science Honor Society.)
- Bachelor of Arts (AB) in Russian and German Area Studies from Barnard College of Columbia University, New York, NY. (Graduated magna cum laude and with departmental honors; elected to Phi Beta Kappa.)
Over the course of her career, Lydia Wasylenko has held a variety of positions in academic and research libraries, including Wollman Library of Barnard College; the library of Laubach Literacy, Inc.; Memorial Library of the University of Wisconsin-Madison; the American Philatelic Research Library; the Pennsylvania State University (PSU) Libraries; and the Research Working Collection of PSU’s College of Business Administration. She has worked as a library technician, catalog librarian, technical services supervisor, head of a business research library, head of a catalog and collection maintenance department, and reference / subject-specialist librarian. Department profile
Activities within Syracuse University at Large
- Appointed to the Humanities Center Faculty Advisory Board in 2014.
- Twice elected a Senator to represent the University's librarian constituency in the Syracuse University Senate, most recently for a 2010-2012 term; recorder of the University Senate Committee on Research since 2010.
- Chaired three University-level committees: the University Affirmative Action Grievance Committee, the Syracuse University Senate Committee on Affirmative Action/Diversity, and the Syracuse University Senate Committee on Student Affairs.
Professional Service to Community
- Elected to the Board of Trustees of the DeWitt (NY) Community Library Association in 2013, appointed Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee in 2014, and elected Chair of the Nominating Committee in 2015.
- Completed two previous terms as a DCLA Trustee (2005-2011), serving as Board Secretary for two years.