Intellectual Freedom, Painting, Art History, Music, Literature, Political Science.
Ann Skiold has served as full time Fine Arts Librarian at Syracuse University Libraries since 2005.
She was also an Adjunct Instructor in painting and color theory at VPA (Visual and Performing Arts) from 2005-2008. During two semesters 2008-2009 Ann served as a consultant while also working in the Villino Library in Florence, Italy for SU Abroad and the Syracuse University Libraries. Ann was previously employed at Westmont College, Santa Barbara, CA as the Media and Reference Librarian. She has worked as an instructor for the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, CA in addition to being an art critic for the Santa Barbara Independent.
Ann was awarded a Rotary Foundation Scholarship to Flinders University in S. Australia resulting in a post graduate diploma in Visual Arts. She continues to exhibit and sell her paintings with her poetry.
Ann has a BA in English Literature, MFA with honors in painting, and an MLIS in Library and Information Science and some course work on a PhD in Interdisciplinary Art (Ohio University).
Ann speaks and reads several languages, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, French, some Spanish, German and Italian.
Member of: CAA, ARLIS and ALA
An abbreviated listing of Ann’s art exhibitions
- 2015 Syracuse, Edgewood Gallery
- 2012- Syracuse University Libraries, Ortwine Gallery
- 2011 Fayetteville, Limestone Gallery
- 2008- Blink Gallery, Syracuse University
- 2001- Sweden, Gamla Stationshuset.
- 1998-CA, Santa Barbara, Delphine Gallery.
- 1997-Illinois, Bradley University, MFA Exhibition.
- 1994-CA, Santa Barbara, Delphine Gallery.
- 1993-CA, Santa Barbara, Delphine Gallery.
- 1993-CA, Santa Barbara, Clarets.
- 1992-CA, Ojai Center for the Arts.
- 1991-CA, Santa Barbara, Zelo.
- 1990-CA, Santa Barbara, SoHo.
- 1989-Australia, Flinders University Library.
- 1988-CA, UCSB, The Women’s Center.
- 2008-2009, Painting the Other, Syracuse University Faculty Exhibition, Florence, Italy
- 2007-N.Y. Syracuse, Delavan Gallery, Stone Canoe. Syracuse University Publication.
- 2005-N.Y. Syracuse University, Faculty Exhibition.
- 2005-N.Y. Syracuse University Libraries Special Collections, Book Art.
- 2005-N.Y. Syracuse University VPA, Faces of the Fallen.
- 2003-2004, CA, Santa Barbara, Caruso Woods Gallery.
- 2003-2004, CA, Santa Barbara, Weldon Ranch Gallery.
- 2003- CA, Santa Barbara, Karpeles Manuscript Library.
- 1999- Illinois, Hartman Gallery.
- 1999-CA, Santa Barbara, Mojave East Landscape Painters.
- 1997-Illinois, Peoria, Pine Arts Festival.
- 1995-Illinois, Peoria, Sutkowski and Washkhun Lawyers.
- 1995-CA, Santa Barbara, Contemporary Arts Forum.
- 1995-CA, Santa Barbara, Art Around Town.
- 1994-CA, Santa Barbara Museum of Art, “In the Spirit of Fluxus”.
- 1994-CA, Ridley Tree Education Center, Faculty Exhibition.
- 1993-CA, Santa Barbara, Contemporary Arts Forum.
- 1992-CA, Santa Barbara, Paige Neuhauser Gallery.
- 1992-CA, Vista Verde.
- 1992-CA, Santa Barbara, Green Dragon.
- 1992-CA, SBMA, Staff Exhibition.
- 1991-CA, UCSB, Women’s Center Gallery.
- 1991-CA, Santa Barbara, Page Neuhauser Gallery.
- 1990-Ca, Santa Barbara Park Building Gallery.
- 1989-Australia, Adelaide, Art Zone Gallery.
- 1988-CA, Santa Barbara, Faulkner Gallery.
- 1984-CA, UCSB, International Women Artists, Women’s Center Gallery.
- 1983-CA, UCSB, College of Creative Studies.