Barbara B. Blumenthal
39 Chapel Street, Northampton, MA 01060
- Apprenticeship with Arno Werner; have also worked for more than 20 years as part-time assistant in the Mortimer Rare Book Room, Smith College (for most of that time with Ruth Mortimer as Curator); will send brochure or provide quotes on request, free of charge; my training has also included letterpress printing and calligraphy Pricing information: for traycases, my prices start at $70.00 for a full-cloth case up to 9" height or width; other prices must be quoted on an individual basis (I also don't give quotes over the telephone.)
- Small editions, but I do all types of binding, repairs, rebinding, and protective cases & enclosures.
Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts
264 South 23rd Street Philadelphia, PA 19103
- The Conservation Center for Art and Historical Artifacts (CCAHA)is a Philadelphia based regional conservation center.
- Specialization and expertise in conservation of paper-based works of art and artifacts; ability to treat oversize materials, complete large volume of work, and meet client deadlines; full range of preservation services including treatment, on-site consultation, and emergency assistance; newly expanded state-of-the-art laboratory with 24 hour monitored security systems.
Jack & Taff Fitterer
432 Big Brook Rd
Indian Lake, NY 12842
Since 1983, offering a full range of hand bookbinding and restoration services including repair, restoration and rebinding of antiquarian books, books of family significance, edition binding for artists and small presses and design bindings. Also produce slipcases, portfolio, drop-spine and clamshell boxes for books and other items and carry out paper and document repair.
Stephanie Later Book Conservation
355 East 72nd Street
New York, NY 10021
- Restoration on books, bibles, archival boxes, etc.
Treatments include Rebacking, recasing, resewing, paper repair, cleaning.
- Custom clamshell boxes, albums and decorative books.
- Two years New York State Conservation Grant at Metropolitan Museum
- Will send resume/biography as requested
Northeast Document Conservation Center
100 Brickstone Square, Andover, MA 01810
- Advanced level conservation treatment options and reformatting; education and training; surveys; disaster assistance
Turn Around Time: variable.
- Paper and book conservation, including photographs; preservation microfilm and photo-duplication; field services. Advanced level conservation treatment options and reformatting; education and training; surveys; disaster assistance.