Library Communications serves to increase awareness and use of library resources and services. We help the libraries to connect with key target audiences—faculty, students, University administrators, and staff—and encourage communication and interaction with the Libraries.
- Managing library publications, media relations, and graphic design functions;
- Public relations: getting the word out about library activities, resources, events, and accomplishments;
- Coordinating the Libraries' overall media relations efforts and media coverage of the SU Libraries activities and personnel;
- Overseeing the exhibits program at the SU Libraries, which showcases library resources and special collections.
Key Communications Vehicles
- Library and University events calendars
- Daily Orange: reporters have a library beat
- Web Publishing Platforms (in SharePoint)
Pamela Whiteley McLaughlin
Director of Communications & External Relations
Advancement & Communications Associate